What Are You Reading Linky


Don't you just love reading aloud to your students?  It's one of my favorite moments of the day. Sharing a great book together is so beneficial.  We discuss, we learn, we argue, we disagree, we laugh, we cry, we BOND.  What a meaningful way to build a classroom community!
Right now we're reading Because of Mr. Terupt.  This is my first time reading this book and I'm hooked.  The first chapter, "Peter", is hilarious!  It's borderline inappropriate but perfect for 5th graders.  Peter is used to pulling one over on teachers but Mr. Terupt is onto him (in a good way).  So many of my students could relate to Peter (or know of a Peter!).  Mr. Terupt is a "rookie" teacher who is already capturing his students' hearts.  This is going to be a great read!

Amazon 

Head over to Focused on Fifth to see what other 5th grade classes are reading!

Focused on Fifth

6 comments:

  1. My class loved that book! We followed it with Wonder. It was a great book to follow with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We started with Wonder! Great minds think alike! Wonder is one of my all-time favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one yet...but I do LOVE Wonder...so I am thinking I will definitely have to check this one out. Thanks for joining our link up this month.

    Angela
    The Organized Plan Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My 5th graders love it so far and so do I! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  4. I am reading this to my class too! They love it. I have to admit we have been reading it for a while. I really need to prioritize read aloud time. Unfortunately it is the first thing to go when our schedule is interrupted...which has been happening a lot lately.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's tough! I have a dedicated 10 minutes daily and my students hold me to it! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete