Summer!

Summer is in full swing!  I'm finally sleeping in, reading a ton of books, and hanging out with my kids.  We just finished an epic, very silly, game of Uno.  I love when my growinguptoofast teenagers still play with me every now and then.

I love having the time to catch up on my reading.  I read all year long but in the summer, I read like a fanatic.  I've read a lot of good books so far this summer, but one that stands as of now is "I'll Give You the Sun" by Jandy Nelson.  It's a YA book (recommended for Grades 9 and up) and too mature for my elementary school kiddos but I LOVED this book.  I love the "voices" of twins Noah and Jude.  It's a coming of age story and, coincidentally,  the day I finished the book (in tears) was the same day the Supreme Court ruled on same-sex marriages.  Check it out! #lovewins

I'll Give You the Sun on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment